These are not a direct drop in type replacement devices as they will need programming and setup by an expert. If you are not familiar with the programming software DVT then please do some more research before purchasing this item. If you require custom support then consulting services at a rate of $100 per hour can be provided by BASTENS.
- Advanced control & safety features that are highly configurable
- 80V ( 39.1V - 116V ) DC Gen 4
- 220A Continuous / 550A Peak / 660A Boost Size 6
- 305 x 170 x 90mm, 4.65kg
The Gen4 range represents a well established design in compact AC controllers. These reliable controllers are intended for on-road and off-road electric vehicles and feature the smallest size in the industry for their power capacity. Thanks to the high efficiency it is possible to integrate these controllers into very tight spaces without sacrificing performance.
The design has been optimized for the lowest possible installed cost while maintaining superior reliability in the most demanding applications.
- Advanced Field Oriented Control
- AC Permanent Magnet Synchronous motor control, including salient, non-salient and BLDC motors
- AC induction motor control
- CAN communications bus allows for easy interconnection of controllers and devices such as Battery Management Systems, displays and VCUs
- CANopen protocols
- Configurable as a vehicle control master or as a motor control slave
- Autocheck system diagnostic
- Hardware & software fail safe watchdog operation
- Integrated fuse holder
- IP66 protection
- Highly configurable
Gen4 includes a fully-integrated set of inputs and outputs (I/0) designed to handle a wide range of vehicle requirements. This eliminate the need for additional external I/O modules or vehicle controllers and connectors.
- 8 digital inputs
- 2 analogue inputs (can be configured as digital)
- 3 contactor/solenoid outputs
- 1 encoder supply output ? programmable 5 V or 10 V
- Motor temperature sensor input
- Motor encoders supported include U/V/W hall effect sensors, Sin/Cos sensors and incremental A/B encoders
Programming software called DVT requires a license which is provided and supported by BorgWarner/Sevcon. The DVT software requires a special IXXAT cable/device which is sold separately for $400. If you need special application support it can be provided by BASTENS for at a consulting fee of $100 per hour, contact BASTENS for further details about application support.